Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We are home....

We got home Sunday night, one night longer stay than we were expecting, but not too bad. The surgery went well. It did take the whole two hours. Her ENT doc said that her sinus passages were tiny, swollen, and filled with a "thick, like toothpaste, yellow mucus". Yeah. Anyways, she cleared her all out, took samples for cultures.

In recovery, we came to her. She was crying. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I picked her up out of the bed they had her in. She snuggled up, then fell restlessly back to sleep in my arms. For the next 2 hours plus, her sats dropped down into the 70's. I was scared. Scott was scared. We have never seen her sats drop before. They ended up doing blow by oxygen for over an hour and a half. Finally, she was able to keep her O2 over 92, so they sent us to her room. Because of that, they kept the O2 sensor on her the entire hospital stay (she was not happy about the E.T. light being on all the time)!!

Then we found out that her pulm. doc wanted to make sure she "pooped" before discharge. Of course, she didn't. So they kept her another night. Ugggh. A little Miralax later...and we get our discharge.

She has had to take some regular Tylenol since we have been home. The first 2 days was Tylenol with Codeine. She was in a bit of pain, sinus area and throat. Now she has a lot of draining going on. She is sniffing constantly. I guess that is to be expected after clearing out the sinus cavities. We will wait to see what her cultures grow to see what antibiotics they want to put her on. Other than that, she has her second "clean-out" sinus surgery on the 8th.

I want to wish you all, my family, a very warm, happy, Thanksgiving!!

Jada and family

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you all got blessed with such a short stay after sinus surgery. Savannah had to be admitted 3 days before her surgery and we stayed another 10 days after that. I know waiting for cultures is always hard.
    Wishing you all the best.

    Take Care,