Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Long time since we updated!

Hello Family and Friends!

We hope this finds you all doing well in 2015! So far, this has been a wonderful year for our family! Zoe has been relatively healthy so far!! We are so grateful for this!!!

I struggled with doing this donation request again this year, I think because I feel like we say/ask the same thing every year. I don't want this to be the dreaded request every year....I want people to understand WHY we do this. It is very humbling and difficult to ask people to give up their hard earned money. We truly BELIEVE the CFF (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) will be the first non-profit to find a CURE for a disease!! A disease that presently ravages 30,000 people in the U.S., including our sweet Zoe.

Zoe had her worst year yet in 2014. She had 4 extended hospitalizations. Almost her entire summer was spent on IV’s. She had only a few weeks total where she was not being infused and could enjoy her summer of swimming. This is really tough on a 10 year-old. She also dealt with a new bacteria, MAC. It is a horrible bacteria that causes lung damage. She had to start seeing an Infectious Disease Dr. due to this bacteria. The regimen to treat this bacteria is extremely hard on her body and drawn out. She was put on 3 strong oral antibiotics together starting last May and has remained on them since. The treatment course is 12-18 months. As I mentioned, these 3 meds are very hard on her body....at one point her liver enzymes went sky high! She also had more episodes of collapsed areas in her lungs. Needless to say, it was a tough spring/summer for all.

In order to keep Zoe as healthy as possible....a tremendous amount of medication is necessary. The CFF is the only organization in the U.S. that funds the research to get these life-saving drugs approved. Zoe is presently up to taking over 950 pills a month, 240 breathing treatments a month, 90 chest physical therapy/airway clearance sessions a month, 60 nasal rinses, and 60 nasal mist antibiotics. This regimen must be followed non-stop..... without a break. EVER. There are no vacations from these medications and therapies. This is why we need your help every year! We cannot do this without YOU!!

No donation is too small...every dollar counts!!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts....Scott and Jada

We know we are asking for donations late this year, Zoe's walk is May 16th, 2015.

You can donate anytime though!!

For super easy, secure dontions, go to: cffh.convio.net/goto/zoeforlife

3 comments:

  1. Great article. I read this article properly. This is one of the best posts. Thanks sharing this article
    tshirthell,80stees,Teepublic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.for my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center hands whom god has blessed with ancestral herbs and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,Love spell, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Itua herbal center Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com WhatsApp: +2348149277967. if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because really honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete