Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CF realization

I knew the day would come, just really didn't think it was going to come so early. Yesterday, Zoe walked up to me, looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said "Mommy, do you have cf?" I stopped what I was doing. I looked down at her thinking, what do I say????? I said, "No, baby, mommy doesn't have cf." To which she replies, "Why not?" Wow. She isn't even 4 yet. This is harder than I thought it was going to be....the moment they notice they are different, the moment they realize they are the only one in the family with cf. I said, "I guess God wanted you to be extra special." She was good with that answer. She went about her normal 3 yr old play. I cried.

1 comment:

  1. I cried too when I read this. I was changing my granddaughter's diaper yesterday, and one of her percussors was lying near the stack of diapers.

    She grabbed it and started tapping her hest. I smiled and at the same time was very sad that it has to be a part of her life. At least she knows no different right now.

    I dread the day when these questions arise.

    ReplyDelete