Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Off of Iv's

Zoe finally is finished with her 3 weeks of iv antibiotics! Yay! She was very happy to be free of her picc line.
The girls went back to gymnastics last night for the first time since Zoe's hospitalization. They were very excited! Poor Zoe could not finish her running warm up due to being so out of breath. It was sad. Hopefully after a couple of weeks back...she will be able to. She goes back to see her ENT doc on the 11th to see how her sinuses looked in the ct scan taken at the hospital. Hopefully they are ok and she won't need sinus surgery anytime soon.
CFF Great Strides fundraising time is here! Hopefully team Zoe will raise even more money than last year!!
Take care of you and yours.....

Friday, March 11, 2011

Zoe health update....

Thank you for all the good well wishes. Unfortunately, Zoe's pft's are even LOWER than before hospital.  Sooooo, one more week of iv's. 79!!! I was quite shocked. And saddened.  I have being doing research on bronchiectasis since she has it now....I've been discussing the fact that Staph seems to be a bacteria that directly causes it with her, how come we don't treat it if there are no symptoms at the time of culture?? Zoe cultures Staph a lot, has since 2007. I think we need to change protocol.  Sad day for me...I thought it would be years before I saw pft's in the 70's in my baby girl.'ve got a battle on your hands now!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hospital Update...

Zoe came home Wednesday evening! Yay! She will continue doing another 9 days of home iv's and checking her blood sugar levels. Hers were high in the hospital. Endo was super nice though and gave her a pink blood sugar testing monitor, super cute.
She was so happy to be home with her siblings and Lilly, her puppy!
Her ct scan did show that she has Bronchiectasis now. We weren't too happy to receive that news. We are doing all the nebs, without fail, she has never missed even the other thing they added to try and help is MWF Zithro.
She is also doing Nasonex as a neb now. It has it's own machine...supposed to work better than the nasal spray.
Sinus ct still scheduled for the 11th, then consult with ENT to see if sinus surgery is needed. I hope we can wait a little longer. We will see.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for our little Zoe.
Take care of you and yours....